Usha Kiran BhandariMember
- Member, Book Bird Nepal
- Chairperson, Madan Bhandari Foundation in Nepal
- Member, Foreign Department, ANWA, Nepal Communist Party (CPN)
- Former Researcher, Nepal Institute for Policy Studies (NIPS)
- Labor rights, gender equality and social inclusion activist
- Former Project Coordinator, Building and Wood Workers’ International
– Nepal Affiliates Committee (BWI-NAC)
- Former Project Coordinator, General Federation of Nepalese Trade
Usha Kiran Bhandari is a young dynamic political analyst and activist especially in the field of international relations, labor rights and gender equality.
Ms. Bhandari holds an MA in International Relations from Jawaharlal Nehru University of New Delhi in 2009. She has worked with wide range of organizations including trade unions and academic institutions for nearly 10 years.
Ms. Bhandari has participated in various national and intentional training and workshops. Some most notable include participation in UN and ILO organized workshop on ‘Regulating Recruitment and Human Trafficking’ in Bangkok; Left International Forum (LIF) organized conference on ‘Women and Politics Going Together’ and BWI organized Youth Summer School on ‘Globalization, Youth unemployment and Trade Unions’ in Munich, Germany.
As eldest daughter of Rt. Honorable President of Nepal Mrs Bidhya Devi Bhandari and popular political leader Late Madan Bhandari, she poses extensive knowledge on Nepal’s geo-political situation and has an in- depth understanding of contemporary political and development issues. She has travelled extensively and is associated with number of public and voluntary organizations within and outside Nepal.
Kathmandu, Nepal, 44600